Click here to view an accessible transcript
Stuff A Stocking Clothing Drive
Thank you to everyone who donated warm children’s clothing to our “Stuff A Stocking Clothing Drive”. Donations were brought to our branches through Dec. 31. The clothing drive benefitted Katelynn’s Closet, a Cape Cod nonprofit organization devoted to providing children in need with clothing, footwear, and basics to help them maintain their dignity and foster self-esteem. Thank you again!
Give Hope through Independence House
We partnered with Independence House – a Cape-based nonprofit that helps survivors of domestic and sexual assault, and their children – this holiday season.
Donations from $15 to $100 helped provide hotline assistance, counseling services, clothing, transportation, and so much more. Donations for Independence House were made directly to the nonprofit at https://independencehouse.org/coop-give-hope-healing/ through Friday, Dec. 31.
We’re proud to continue our #GivingTuesday tradition of supporting local food pantries by donating $1,000 each to 10 different pantries across the Cape.
- Cape Cod Family Table Collaborative
- Cape Cod Military Support Empowerment Center
- Falmouth Service Center
- Hands of Hope Community Outreach Center & Food Pantry
- HOW-Helping Our Women
- Lower Cape Outreach Council
- Sandwich Food Pantry
- SKIP Food Pantry
- The Family Pantry of Cape Cod
- Yarmouth Food Pantry
In 2021, our employees have raised about $21,000 through employee-managed #PayItForward Program. For the past 12 years, our employees have supported local nonprofit organizations in our community by wearing jeans at work.
Every other Friday, employees donate a minimum of $5, and an organization is designated as the beneficiary. The organizations are nominated by employees and selected by the employee-based Pay It Forward committee. The only criteria for nominations is that the organization be affiliated with Cape Cod and a registered 501(c)3.
This holiday season, our employees worked in teams to use #PayItForward funds for the following holiday community programs:
- Adopt A Family: Our employees helped 12 students this holiday season through the Marguerite E. Small Elementary School‘s “Adopt a Family” fundraiser.
- The Salvation Army’s Dress A Live Doll: The program pairs volunteers with children whose caregivers need a little extra help in making their holidays special.
- Stuff-A-Bus/Toys for Tots: The Stuff-A-Bus has been a Cape Cod holiday tradition since 1996. All toys and money collected go to the Marines’ Toys for Toys program and stay on Cape Cod.
2021 #PayItForward Additional Awardees:
- A.L.S. Family Charitable Foundation
- Alzheimer’s Family Support Center
- Cape Abilities
- Cape & Islands Suicide Prevention Coalition
- Cape and Islands United Way
- Cape Cod Art Center
- Cape Cod Brite Lights
- Cape Cod Center for the Arts
- Cape Cod Foundation
- Cape Cod Veterans
- Children’s Cove
- CHIP’s House
- Falmouth Military Support Group
- Habitat for Humanity Cape Cod
- Helping Our Women
- Homeless Prevention Council
- Independence House
- Kennedy Donovan Center
- Robert A. Cooke Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Soup Kitchen in Provincetown
- WE CAN
- Wild Care