Spoofing is when a caller deliberately falsifies information transmitted to your home phone’s caller ID display. We have received reports from some clients that have received text messages or phone calls from one of The Cooperative Bank of Cape Cod’s phone numbers.
As a reminder:
• The Cooperative Bank of Cape Cod will never contact you and request information like Online Banking login credentials, account numbers, Social Security Numbers, passwords, or any other personal information.
• You should not give out or confirm any personal information such as Account numbers, Social Security Numbers, Passwords, Mother’s Maiden Name, Debit and/or Credit Card numbers, or the security number associated with a debit or credit card unless YOU initiated the phone call.
• You cannot rely on the information displayed on your caller ID.
• Use caution if you are being pressured for information immediately or there is a sense of urgency.
• If you are unsure whether a request for information is legitimate, try to verify it by contacting the company directly.
For more information on how to identify spoofing, tips to avoid spoofing scams, and what you can do if your number is being spoofed, please visit the FTC’s website: