Thank you for trusting the Cooperative Bank of Cape Cod with your home financing needs. To simplify and expedite the process, we’ve outlined some of the standard documents that may be needed to fully process your loan application. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions along the way, big or small; we’re here to answer them all.
How do I get started?
Start the process today with our fast and easy online application!
- First, you will be prompted to create an account before you begin, this will allow you to save and come back to your application if you need to.
- This log-in will need to be different from your Coop Online Banking credentials.
- Make sure to save your username and password as you will use the online portal to upload documents and to review and sign the necessary loan disclosures down the line.
- Get started on your application. Don’t have everything you need to complete in one sitting? No problem! You can pick up right where you left off at any time or a mortgage loan officer can help you complete the application over the phone.
What documents* will I need?
Use the below list as a helpful guide. You may or may not need to provide all of the documents below, and you may need to provide documents not listed below. Your loan officer & loan specialist will request only what is needed based on your individual profile.
- Signed personal Federal tax returns (all pages) for the two most recent years.
- W2s, 1099s & K1s (if applicable) for the two most recent years.
- Two most recent paystubs for all borrowers.
- Two most recent bank statements for all borrowers (all pages; screenshots are not acceptable).
- Copies of mortgage statements for any property owned (if applicable).
- Copy of unexpired driver’s license or other government-issued ID.
- Condo association contact (if applicable)
- Signed Federal business tax returns (all pages) for the two most recent years (if applicable).
- Real estate and homeowner’s insurance bills for any properties owned (if applicable).
- Copy of trust, if applicable.
Who will I be working with?
Find a loan that works for you, not the other way around. Our team of experienced residential mortgage loan officers will work with you to find the right loan for your specific needs. With both fixed and line of credit options, we’re sure to have the loan that will help you achieve your goals!
- Residential Mortgage Loan Officer: This person will discuss your wants and needs, review your employment, income, credit, and asset profile, to help determine the best loan for you. This person also writes prequalification letters, so you can make offers on homes and establishes timelines and next steps. Your MLO will be a point of contact until closing and beyond for any questions you may have.
- An appraiser will come to your house to determine the value. They will schedule with you directly.
- Loan Specialist: Once your loan application has been submitted, the Loan Specialist will work with you through closing to makes sure you’re providing all the documentation required, as well as working with the attorney to arrange your closing date.
Still have questions?
*Please note you will not need to provide any documents until you receive a Loan Estimate and provide an intent to proceed.