If you would like an employee to be recognized, please let us know. Just send a quick e-mail to Outstanding Service, and we’ll make sure to pass it along to the employee’s manager and to the Bank President.
The ABA number (also known as a routing or transit number) is a number that identifies The Cooperative Bank of Cape Cod within the national banking system. The Cooperative Bank of Cape Cod’s ABA number is 211371641.
Our market area covers Cape Cod and the Islands (Barnstable, Dukes, Nantucket and Plymouth counties) in Massachusetts.
Identity theft is the use of a consumer’s personal information by an unauthorized individual to purport fraudulent activity. The best defense against identity theft is to protect your personal information:
- Do not provide your social security number or personal credit information to anyone who calls you over the phone. Only provide this information if you initiate the call and you are familiar with whom you are sharing this information.
- Tear up or shred credit card receipts, bank statements and unused credit card offers before throwing them away.
- Opt out of preapproved credit card offers by calling 1.888.5OPT.OUT.
- When using the Internet, only provide information to secured sites for businesses that you trust and have a clear policy as to how they will use the information.
- Never respond to email solicitations asking for personal information!
- Change your driver’s license number to a randomly assigned “S” number in Massachusetts if you have not already done so.
- Review your monthly financial statements immediately and closely and report any suspicious activity to your bank or credit card company immediately.
- Check your credit report annually and immediately report any inaccuracies to the credit bureau. As a Massachusetts resident, you are entitled to one free copy of your credit report per year from the three credit reporting agencies.
Phishing is the fraudulent scheme of sending an e-mail to a user falsely claiming to be a legitimate sender. The e-mail attempts to con the user into surrendering private information that could later be used for identity theft. The e-mail directs the user to visit a web site where they are asked to update personal information, such as name, account and credit card numbers, passwords, social security numbers and other information. The website, however, is bogus and set up only to steal the user’s information. IMPORTANT: The Cooperative Bank of Cape Cod will never call you unsolicited to verify information about your account or personal information over the phone or via email. If you are contacted in such a manner, PLEASE do not give out this information and contact our Deposit Services Department immediately at 508.568.3200 or 1.800.641.1100.