Yarmouth Register, 8/6/1948

Architect Walter M. Gaffney has designed the two buildings to be in keeping with the character and beauty of the village, and to conform to Cape architecture in general. … Entering from the vestibule into the lobby, there is a banking space at the rear and private offices for the treasurer at the right. This bank also has a vault. To the left of the lobby is the directors’ room with fireplace, and opening from this room is a toilet. To the right of the banking space is a hall connecting with the rest room, toilets, a janitor’s closet, and stairway from basement to the second floor. There is also an incinerator with opening on the first floor. … The contract was awarded to John Lebel of Osterville. … Construction to end in May