The Cooperative Bank of Cape Cod has announced the winners of its 10th Annual #MyCapeCod Photo Contest.
The annual contest offers amateur photographers, age 13 and older, the opportunity to enter a photo that reflects what they think makes Cape Cod a wonderful place to visit, live or work. Photos are judged on originality, creativity, concept and photographic quality in four seasonal categories – #mycapecod Winter, #mycapecod Spring, #mycapecod Summer and #mycapecod Fall.
The grand prize winner of the 2022 contest is Richard Bielen, whose photo is of Sandy Neck Lighthouse and Barnstable Harbor. Bielen will receive a $200 VISA Gift Card and his winning photo will be featured on the front cover of the bank’s 2023 Community Calendar.
Additional winners, along with photo titles and the towns where they were taken, include:
First Place – photos featured in 2023 Community Calendar and a $100 VISA gift card:
- Summer category – Lauren Colon, Crimson Moons (Falmouth)
- Spring category – Amy Homa, Art Cottages in the P-town Dunes (Provincetown)
- Fall category – Paul Leidenfrost, Cranberry Harvest (Yarmouth)
- Winter category – Erin Duffy, Not a Creature was Stirring (Yarmouth)
Second Place – photos featured in the 2023 Community Calendar and a $50 VISA gift card:
- Summer category – John Flanagan, Aerial Art (Chatham)
- Spring category – Elizabeth Johnson, April Sunset at Duck Harbor (Wellfleet)
- Fall category – Kevin Gallagher, That Fall Moment (Yarmouth Port)
- Winter category – George T. Slone, Arboreal Harmony (Yarmouth Port)
Runner Up – photos featured in 2023 Community Calendar:
- Summer category – Katelyn Eppler, Mill Pond (Chatham)
- Spring category – Jay Canale, Sunset over Herring Cove (Provincetown)
- Fall category – Marilyn Harquail, Fall Folly (Yarmouth Port)
- Winter category – Amie Medeiros, Warm Winter Glow (Yarmouth)