Updated: October 2, 2020
Resources for Nonprofits
Supporting the community through charitable giving has always been part of the mission of The Cooperative Bank of Cape Cod. That mission stands firm during these uncertain times. In response to the great need triggered by the global pandemic of COVID-19, we released $200,000 in community aid from The Cooperative Bank of Cape Cod and The Cooperative Bank of Cape Cod Charitable Foundation Trust. We released $150,000 directly to organizations best equipped to help our neighbors and friends. We gave:
- $25,000 to the Major Crisis Relief Fund
- $25,000 to Cape Cod Healthcare Foundation
- $20,000 to The Cape Cod Foundation Strategic Emergency Response Fund
- $20,000 to Cape & Islands United Way
- $20,000 to the Workforce Housing Relief Fund of Housing Assistance Corporation
- $10,000 to Community Health Center of Cape Cod
- $10,000 to Duffy Health Center
- $10,000 to Harbor Community Health Center
- $10,000 to Outer Cape Health Services
The remaining $50,000 was available as micro-grants and given to the 15 local organizations listed below. These nonprofits directly served COVID-19 related needs in the community during 2020 and have clients who are disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 virus and the economic consequences of the pandemic.
- ALS Family Charitable Foundation
- Cape Cod Council of Churches – A Baby Center
- Cape Cod Literacy Council
- Cape Cod Military Support Foundation
- Champ Homes
- Duffy Health Center
- Helping Our Women
- Heroes in Transition
- Independence House
- Lower Cape Outreach Council
- Mass Appeal
- Neighborhood Falmouth
- One Provincetown One Fund
- Yarmouth Food Pantry
- YMCA Cape Cod
Additional resources can be found below that we hope will help all our nonprofits.
- The Cape Cod Foundation Strategic Emergency Response Fund provides operational support for the continued operation of vital Cape Cod nonprofit organizations as they address the evolving impacts of COVID-19 on the health, economy, and vitality of our community.At this time, there is no formal application process for THE CAPE COD FOUNDATION STRATEGIC EMERGENCY RESPONSE FUND. Visit their website for the latest information: https://www.capecodfoundation.org/community-response-to-covid-19/
- Cape and Islands Community Response Fund of the Cape & Islands United Way provides programmatic support funding to current or recent community partners working with communities who are disproportionately impacted by the coronavirus and the economic consequences of this outbreak.
- Cape Cod Arts Relief Fund of the Arts Foundation of Cape Cod provides one-time relief funds of up to $500 per individual artist will be distributed beginning in late April. Applicants must be artists who live, work, create, and/or perform on Cape Cod and have been financially impacted as a result of the pandemic.
APPLY HERE: https://artsfoundation.org/cape-cod-arts-relief-fund-criteria-and-application/
- The Workforce Housing Relief Fund of Housing Assistance Corporationwill provide financial assistance for local workers who fall outside the limited eligibility guidelines of governmental programs, but still need help staying housed.
APPLY HERE: https://haconcapecod.org/blog/workforce-housing-relief-fund-and-more-new-support/
- Cape Cod & Islands Major Crisis Relief Fund of the Cape Cod Times Needy Fund provides aid to local individuals and families, including financial aid for food, housing, transportation, and medical/mental healthcare.
APPLY HERE: https://majorcrisisrelieffund.org/request-aid/