Updated: May 29, 2020
Resources for Nonprofits
Supporting the community through charitable giving has always been part of the mission of The Cooperative Bank of Cape Cod. That mission stands firm during these uncertain times. In response to the great need triggered by the global pandemic of COVID-19, $200,000 in community aid will be released from The Cooperative Bank of Cape Cod and The Cooperative Bank of Cape Cod Charitable Foundation Trust. Immediate donations of $150,000 will be released immediately to the organizations best equipped to help our neighbors and friends, with $25,000 given to both the Major Crisis Relief Fund and Cape Cod Healthcare Foundation.
$60,000 will be divided equally between:
- The Cape Cod Foundation Strategic Emergency Response Fund
- Cape & Islands United Way
- Workforce Housing Relief Fund of Housing Assistance Corporation
An additional $10,000 will go to each of the four community health centers located on the Cape:
- Community Health Center of Cape Cod
- Duffy Health Center
- Harbor Community Health Center
- Outer Cape Health Services
The remaining $50,000 will be available in micro-grants to nonprofits who are directly serving COVID-19 related needs in the community, and/or whose clients are disproportionately impacted by the coronavirus pandemic and the economic consequences of this outbreak.
However, we want to make sure the rest of our nonprofit partners are supported at this time, so we’re providing additional resources that we hope will help all our nonprofits get through the next several months.
- The Cape Cod Foundation Strategic Emergency Response Fund provides operational support for the continued operation of vital Cape Cod nonprofit organizations as they address the evolving impacts of COVID-19 on the health, economy, and vitality of our community.At this time, there is no formal application process for THE CAPE COD FOUNDATION STRATEGIC EMERGENCY RESPONSE FUND. Visit their website for the latest information: https://www.capecodfoundation.org/community-response-to-covid-19/
- Cape and Islands Community Response Fund of the Cape & Islands United Way provides programmatic support funding to current or recent community partners working with communities who are disproportionately impacted by the coronavirus and the economic consequences of this outbreak.
APPLY HERE: https://www.capeandislandsuw.org/apply
- Cape Cod Arts Relief Fund of the Arts Foundation of Cape Cod provides one-time relief funds of up to $500 per individual artist will be distributed beginning in late April. Applicants must be artists who live, work, create, and/or perform on Cape Cod and have been financially impacted as a result of the pandemic.
APPLY HERE: https://artsfoundation.org/cape-cod-arts-relief-fund-criteria-and-application/
- The Workforce Housing Relief Fund of Housing Assistance Corporation will provide financial assistance for local workers who fall outside the limited eligibility guidelines of governmental programs, but still need help staying housed.
APPLY HERE: https://haconcapecod.org/blog/workforce-housing-relief-fund-and-more-new-support/
- Cape Cod & Islands Major Crisis Relief Fund of the Cape Cod Times Needy Fund provides aid to local individuals and families, including financial aid for food, housing, transportation, and medical/mental healthcare.
APPLY HERE: https://majorcrisisrelieffund.org/contact-us/
Loans available for businesses and nonprofit organizations that have been impacted financially by the Coronavirus:
- Philanthropy Partners of Cape Cod & the Islands: https://capecodphilanthropy.org/navigating-your-nonprofit-through-the-covid-19-pandemic/
- Cape Cod Young Professionals: https://capecodyoungprofessionals.org/resources/covid-19-resources-for-cape-cod
- Massachusetts Nonprofit Network: http://massnonprofitnet.org/nonprofit-resources/coronavirus-massachusetts-nonprofits/