As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to develop, our priority is the health and safety of our clients and our employees. We are keeping informed from a variety of reputable sources, including the Center for Disease Control (CDC), to ensure that we are well positioned to do that. For the most up-to-date information on how The Coop is addressing these issues, clients can receive updates on our website and through our social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram).
If you have been negatively effected by illness because of the Coronavirus and need additional assistance related to your account, please contact us and let us know.
We’ve compiled a list of our customer’s Frequently Asked Questions here.
Branch Lobbies Opening for Limited Hours
Effective Monday, July 13th, our lobbies will be open Monday – Saturday from 9AM – Noon. Additionally, all of our branch drive-up windows will be open from 8AM – 4PM Monday through Thursday, open from 8AM – 5PM on Friday, and open Saturdays from 8:30AM – 2PM (with the exception of North Falmouth). We will continue to serve all of your banking service needs through the drive-up windows. As always if you have an urgent banking service need, please contact our Customer Assistance Center or your branch location.
What You Can Expect:
- We’ll greet you at the door! Our greeters will ensure that we’re following maximum occupancy regulations to maintain appropriate social distancing in our branches. If our lobbies are at their maximum capacity when you arrive, our greeter will ask you to wait in your car, and if you provide them with your cellphone number, they’ll call you when it’s your turn to enter the lobby.
- If you need a withdrawal slip or deposit ticket, please just ask our greeter. And if you need a pen, we’ll give you a new one that you can take with you.
- Once inside the lobby, please follow the markings on the floor that will ensure we all stay socially distant and safe.
- At the teller window and inside offices, we’ve installed plexiglass so that we will still be able to see you (and you us!) but everyone will be protected.
- Our employees will wear face coverings, and we ask you to please do the same to enter the branch.
- To safeguard our employees and clients, cleaning and sanitizing protocols will occur after each transaction. We’re paying extra attention to high traffic areas, such as drive-up canisters and ATMs, too. Before coming to work, all of our employees answer a questionnaire to ensure they are healthy and not potentially exposing co-workers or clients to the virus. If they have any symptoms or have traveled to a known “hot-spot,” they will stay home.
For more details, please visit our news article.
Daily Cleaning of Drive-Up Canisters and ATM Surfaces
We’ve received inquiries about the cleaning of drive-up canisters and ATM surfaces and would like to remind our customers that we are following the CDC’s guidelines for routinely cleaning commonly touched surfaces.
The ATMs and outside stations are cleaned multiple times a day with a special cleaning solution to prevent damage to the screens. The canisters are cleaned multiple times a day with CDC recommended cleaning products along with the teller counters where the transactions are taking place.
Use of face coverings
Based on the CDC’s recommendation on using face covers to reduce the transmission of Covid-19, customers utilizing our drive-up windows may notice employees using face covers at their discretion. The Bank has made available face covers at each branch location and our Operations Center for employees working on-site to protect themselves and our customers. For more information on the CDC’s latest recommendation, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html
Help for Mortgage Customers
We understand that many of our mortgage customers are facing financial challenges related to the Coronavirus pandemic and are worried about what lies ahead. Every customer’s situation is different, and our team is ready to help you navigate your options. Please don’t wait to talk to us about your mortgage concerns. Contact us at 508.568.3400, ext. 3556; LoanServices@mycapecodbank.com, or via our online contact form. We’re here to help.
Be Cautious of Scams
Unfortunately, criminals often find a way to prey on others when there is an opportunity to do so.
We remind our customers to follow best-practices when it comes to email messages from unknown recipients. Avoid clicking on links in unsolicited emails, be wary of email attachments, and do not reveal personal or financial information in an email. For more information on what you should and should not do to protect yourself online, visit the Security section of our website.
Money Mule scams are also circulating, tricking people into depositing bad checks and wiring out money before the check clears. Learn more about Money Mule scams here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. The safety of our customers, clients, employees, and the community are our priority, and we will continue to do everything recommended by the medical community to ensure as few interruptions as possible.