As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to develop, our priority is the health and safety of our clients and our employees. We are keeping informed from a variety of reputable sources, including the Center for Disease Control (CDC), to ensure that we are well positioned to do that. For the most up-to-date information on how The Coop is addressing these issues, clients can receive updates on our website and through our social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram).
If you have been negatively effected by illness because of the Coronavirus and need additional assistance related to your account, please contact us and let us know.
We’ve compiled a list of our customer’s Frequently Asked Questions here.
Falmouth lobbies to reopen
Updated: April 6, 2021
Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have continuously monitored state and local case rates to help inform our decisions about lobby access. Additionally, we are mindful that to date, many of our banking team have not been eligible for vaccinations per the state’s vaccination distribution schedule. Because the positivity rate in Falmouth has remained under the “red” threshold, we believe it is safe for our employees and clients to bank in-person.
Our Falmouth and North Falmouth lobbies will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, and 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday (except North Falmouth). Our drive-up hours will remain the same at all of our branches. For our full listing of locations and hours, please visit our locations page.
Branch lobbies to close temporarily
Updated: March 26, 2021
Unfortunately, a new wave of COVID-19 cases are hitting across the Cape, and with many towns now above 5% positivity we have decided to close our branch lobbies. This is an unwelcome setback, but while we enjoy seeing you in-person, the safety of our employees and our clients is paramount. We must do our part to help mitigate the spread of the virus. We will reopen the lobbies as soon as it is safe to do so.
Effective Monday, March 29, our branch lobbies will be closed. All branch drive-ups will continue to operate 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Thursday; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday; and 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday (except North Falmouth). We will continue to serve all of your banking service needs as we have throughout this pandemic.
Hyannis, Marstons Mills, West Barnstable, Yarmouth Port lobbies to close
Updated: March 23, 2021
Although we have seen progress across the state and country, the COVID-19 pandemic is still a fluid situation. We continue to monitor the number of state and local cases, and the recent uptick in new positive cases in the towns of Barnstable and Yarmouth have led us to adjust lobby access in our Mid-Cape branches.
Effective Tuesday, March 23, the lobbies of our Hyannis, Marstons Mills, West Barnstable, and Yarmouth Port branches will be closed. The drive-ups at these branches will continue to operate 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Thursday; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday; and 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. At this time, our other branches are open for in-person and drive-up banking. While we will miss seeing many of you in our Mid-Cape lobbies, we want to keep you and our employees as safe as possible and do our best to mitigate the spread.
Alternatives to ‘In-person’ Banking
Drive-Up Window: All of our branches have drive-up lanes, where you can make deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, transfer funds, and more. To find a branch near you, please visit our locations page.
Appointments: We will honor any appointments already scheduled at our Mid-Cape branches. If you need to come into a Mid-Cape branch to access your safe deposit box or other banking service, please call to make an appointment. Phone numbers for each branch can be found on our locations page.
ATMs: Our ATMs offer an easy way to get cash, make deposits, transfer funds, and more. Because we’re part of the Allpoint ATM network, you have surcharge-free access to over 55,000 ATMs. Learn more on our ATM information page.
Online and Mobile Banking: Manage your accounts, transfer funds, pay bills, and more from your computer or smartphone.
- We have Technology Ambassadors who can help you setup online/mobile banking, address any technology issues, or answer any questions. Contact your nearest branch location to speak with an ambassador.
- Our Customer Assistance Team is also ready to help at 508.568.3400, by email, or you may submit an inquiry online.
Moving to Step 1 of Phase IV on March 22
Updated: March 19th 2021
Effective March 22, all communities in Massachusetts will move into Step 1 of Phase IV of the state’s reopening plan. This will open a range of previously closed business sectors under tight capacity restrictions. Also, the Massachusetts Travel Order will be replaced with a Travel Advisory. The new travel advisory will urge all persons entering Massachusetts, including returning residents, to quarantine for 10 days upon their arrival if they have been out of the state for 24 hours or more.
For full details, visit the state’s website at www.mass.gov/news/baker-polito-administration-announces-transition-to-phase-iv-of-reopening-plan
Economic Impact Payments
Updated: March 18th 2021
As part of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 that was signed into law on Thursday, March 11, 2021, the federal government began distributing another round of Economic Impact Payments on Wednesday, March 17th. Qualified recipients will receive either a direct deposit, mailed check, or mailed prepaid debit card over the next several weeks. To check the status of your payment, and for information on eligibility, payment amount, and method of payment, please visit the IRS.gov Get My Payment Tool:
As a reminder, the Bank does not have information regarding the status of your payment or how your payment is calculated. Please visit the IRS tool above. As a result of increased online banking activity due to the Economic Impact Payments, Online and Mobile Banking may experience intermittent delays.
Baker-Polito Administration Announces Vaccine Timeline for All Residents
Updated: March 17th 2021
Today, the Baker-Polito administration announced the timeline for all remaining residents to be eligible for a vaccine.
All residents can preregister to book an appointment at a mass vaccination site at mass.gov/COVIDVaccine.
Appointments will be offered based on eligibility and available appointments nearby. It is expected that more sites will come online as part of the preregistration process in April.
Timeline for remaining groups:
- March 22nd: Residents 60+ and certain workers
- April 5th: Residents 55+ and residents with one certain medical condition
- April 19th: General public ages 16 years of age and older
The full timeline is available at mass.gov/COVIDVaccinePhases.
We’re Expanding Our Lobby Hours
Updated: February 25th 2021
Effective March 1, we’re expanding our lobby hours for in-person banking! We’re excited to take this step and will continue to be cautious and follow the state’s health and safety guidelines to keep everyone safe.
If you’re feeling ill, or believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, we ask you to continue to use the ATM, drive-up window, or online banking until it is safe for you to bank with us in person. Additionally, please remember masks and social distancing are still required in all of our branch lobbies per state orders.
Our New Hours
Our lobbies will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, and 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday (except North Falmouth), starting March 1. Our drive-up hours will remain the same. For our full listing of locations and hours, please visit our Locations page.
Health and Safety
To safeguard our employees and clients, we’re continuing to pay extra attention to high-traffic areas, such as teller and check counters and other common surfaces as well as drive-up canisters and ATMs. Every day before coming to work, all of our employees certify that they are healthy. This act limits potential exposure to the virus, protecting both co-workers and clients. If employees have any symptoms, been exposed to COVID or have traveled to a known “hot-spot,” they will stay home until they can return safely. We ask our clients to do the same. If you are not feeling well, or have been exposed, please limit exposure by using the many contactless options (ATM, online banking or drive-up) to conduct your banking.
We will continue to follow state and local recommendations and adjust our branch hours and safety protocols accordingly. We will keep you updated via email, social media, and our website. As always, we are available at 508.568.3400 and online to answer any questions you may have.
Baker Announces Two Mass Vaccination Sites
Updated: February 10th 2021
The Baker-Polito Administration announced two new mass vaccination sites will open in Natick and Dartmouth. On Feb. 11, 74,000 appointments will be posted online for mass vaccination sites and pharmacies at locations statewide. Approximately 30,000 additional appointments will be posted over the course of the week at pharmacies—totaling over 100,000 new appointments this week for mass vaccination sites and pharmacies. The administration also announced that individuals who accompany someone age 75 or older to get a vaccine at a mass vaccination site may also schedule and receive their own vaccination on the same day. For appointment booking, visit mass.gov/covidvaccine.
Temporary Capacity & Gathering Limits Lifted
Updated: February 5th 2021
On December 26, Massachusetts issued temporary limits on gatherings and business capacity to stop the spread of COVID-19 as cases and hospitalizations rise. These temporary limits will be lifted on February 8 at 5:00 am. Visit https://www.mass.gov/info-details/temporary-capacity-and-gathering-limits for more information and updated limits.
Ways You Can Bank with The Coop
Alternatives to ‘In-person’ Banking
- Drive-Up Window: All of our branches have drive-up lanes, where you can make deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, transfer funds, and more. To find a branch near you, please visit our locations page.
- Appointments: If you need to come into your branch to access your safe deposit box, open a business account, or other banking service, please call your branch to make an appointment. Phone numbers for each branch can be found on our locations page.
- ATMs: Our ATMs offer an easy way to get cash, make deposits, transfer funds, and more. Because we’re part of the Allpoint ATM network, you have surcharge-free access to over 55,000 ATMs. Learn more on our ATM information page.
What Can I Do Online or with My Coop App?
* Learn more about online bill pay with our FAQs. Zelle is an easy way to make contactless payments person-to-person. Keep up-to-date with your credit via our free SavvyMoney feature. Ordering checks is simple and convenient from our website.
To learn more about our online and mobile services, please visit the links below:
- Online Banking: Manage your accounts, transfer funds, and more.
- Mobile Banking: Download to your smartphone or tablet to manage your accounts, transfer funds, and more.
- Mobile Deposit from our Mobile App: Deposit paper checks from your smartphone anytime.
- Online Bill Pay: Pay your bills online without having to visit a post office in-person, available in both Online and Mobile banking.
- Debit Cards: Use your Debit Card instead of using cash for in-person or online transactions. If you do not currently have a Debit Card, make an appointment to visit the branch location closest to you. They will be able to get you a card to use right away.
- Mobile Wallet: Whether Apple, Google, or Samsung Pay, these allow you a touchless way to pay for goods and services and are accepted at most grocery stores and pharmacies. These are secure ways to use your debit card and in many cases, eliminates the need to touch payment terminals.
- Zelle: A fast, safe, and easy way to send and request money through online or mobile banking.
- ATMs: Our ATMs offer an easy way to get cash, make deposits, transfer funds, and more.
If You Need Personal Help with Technology
We have Technology Ambassadors in each branch who can help customers to setup online/mobile banking, address any technology issues, or answer any questions. Simply contact your nearest branch location and schedule an appointment.
Our Customer Assistance Team is also ready to help during regular Customer Assistance hours at 508.568.3400, by email at email@example.com, or you may submit an inquiry online at https://www.thecooperativebankofcapecod.com/about/customer-service/.
Scammers have increased their activity lately, trying to take advantage of unsuspecting people and businesses. For tips to keep yourself secure, visit the Security Center on our website or the FTC’s Coronavirus scam webpage: https://www.ftc.gov/coronavirus/scams-consumer-advice. A couple of helpful tips:
- Watch out for COVID-19 scams – Fraudsters are actively trying to gather people’s sensitive information with offers to get the vaccine early, for a fee, or ask for sensitive information. Only rely on trusted sources of information regarding the COVID-19 vaccines, including the county and state.
- Be aware of gift card scams – Do not purchase gift cards or provide gift card information to anyone you don’t know.
Daily Cleaning of Drive-Up Canisters and ATM Surfaces
Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have been following the CDC’s guidelines for routinely cleaning commonly touched surfaces, such as drive-up canisters and ATM surfaces.
The ATMs and outside stations are cleaned multiple times a day with a special cleaning solution to prevent damage to the screens. The canisters are cleaned multiple times a day with CDC recommended cleaning products along with the teller counters where the transactions are taking place.
Help for Mortgage Customers
We understand that many of our mortgage customers are facing financial challenges related to the Coronavirus pandemic and are worried about what lies ahead. Every customer’s situation is different, and our team is ready to help you navigate your options. Please don’t wait to talk to us about your mortgage concerns. Contact us at 508.568.3400, ext. 3556; LoanServices@mycapecodbank.com, or via our online contact form. We’re here to help.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. The safety of our customers, clients, employees, and the community are our priority, and we will continue to do everything recommended by the medical community to ensure as few interruptions as possible.