We are excited to have partnered with the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce on our new “Twenty-Minute Tuesdays” – a monthly online Q&A video series that will give local businesses and nonprofit organizations access to the Bank’s expert team!
Twenty Minute Tuesdays focuses on questions pertinent to the unique aspects of Cape Cod’s economy and provides insights on how local businesses and non-profit organizations can navigate the challenges of operating during the COVID-19 pandemic. The online video series kicked off in November of 2020, and new videos will be released on rotating Tuesdays each month. To watch the video series, head over to our YouTube channel or the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce website.
Cybersecurity and Your Business
In our fifth edition of Twenty Minute Tuesdays, The Coop’s Paul Forni, Vice President, Information Security and Red Flag Officer, and Maeghan DeLellis, Branch Manager-Small Business Specialist, discuss how to protect your business from cyberattacks with Wendy Northcross, CEO of the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce.
In this episode:
- As a business owner, what is my best defense against cyberattacks?
- Best practices for passwords and protecting systems.
- Common questions businesses have when it comes to banking technology and keeping themselves and employees safe.
In the episode, Maeghan DeLellis talks about helpful websites that businesses can use to learn more about cybersecurity. The following are links to those sites, as well as a pdf of the risk assessment.
- The Coop’s “Your Security” page
- Self-Risk Assessment Worksheet
- 201 CMR 17 Standards for the protection of personal information of residents
- Federal Trade Commission
- Department of Homeland Security (US-CERT)
- SCORE Cape Cod
- Small Business Administration
Upcoming Seminar Topics
- Is now the time to apply for a COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) loan?
- What is the next “big thing” for commercial and business interest on the Cape?